Last month’s 4 oz. Falklands handpaint has finally been plied and finished! If you remember, it originally looked like this:
Spinning in progress:
This braid had a melange of colors and I tried to separate the main colors but there was some blending and muddiness because of the way it was dyed. I then chain-plied everything. This was my first attempt at chain-plying.
My first attempt at 3-ply. The end result looks grey but it’s really a mix of light and dark wool. BFL is softer than the Romney and the Shetland I’ve been spinning earlier.
Comparison with the 2-ply Shetland. As you can see, the three-ply is rounder and thicker.
My second plied yarn. (Brown Shetland Wool 2-Ply) As you can see, the yarn has gotten thinner and more even.
My first handspun. Grey Romney Wool 2 -ply. As you can see, the yarn’s pretty thick because I was unable to spin thin singles when I first started.
The red thread is simply cotton embroidery floss I had lying around that I used to skein.